Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dad

I can bake a cake, I can whip up some cookies, and I can make ice cream that'll put you into a sugar coma, but I am no cook. Occasionally, it'll fall to me to make dinner and I'll invariably visit my go-to recipe: Boil spaghetti, drown it in olive oil, dump a flavored sauce on top, and serve with a salad (I like salads and have been known to spend more time arranging vegetables than actually attending to a simmering pot).


Now my wife, the other contributor to this blog--she can cook. She knows how to dip into those mysterious jars that line two shelves of our cabinet and create flavors that'll make your heart sing (ProTip: Her recipe posts deserve your attention--they'll do you right). I'd love to have that intuitive ability to season and spice, but it's going to take a little more than just pulling out some pots and willing their contents into delectable cuisine. So I'm considering picking up the book "Man with a Pan" by this guy--the trailer alone makes me hope that, just maybe, my wife and kids will someday perk up when they hear dad say, "Okay, what do you guys want for dinner?"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment